Holiday Showcase Auditions
Our Holiday Showcase will feature song, dance and acting pieces that are holiday related for the whole family to enjoy! Auditions will be held on October 21 and 22 from 12pm-3pm at 214 E. Main St in Festus. Below is a list of what we are auditioning for. If you are interested in auditioning, please fill out the audition slot sign up at the bottom and watch your email when auditions get closer for more information.
1. Charlie Brown Christmas – (Children’s Acting/Song Group)
2. Excerpt from “It’s A Wonderful Life ” Radio Play – (Acting)
3. I’ll Be Home for Christmas – Group Song
4. Twas the Night Before Christmas (Spotlight Rendition) – Acting
5. Oh, Holy Night – Solo Song
6. Mary, Did You Know? – Group or Solo Song
7. Winter Wonderland – Group Song
8. Mrs. Clause Monologue – Acting
9. Excerpt from “A Christmas Carol” – Acting
10. “Sisters” – Dance Duet
11. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” – Children’s Group Song
12. “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” (Funny PC version) – Duet Song
13. Excerpt from “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” – Acting
14. Open Audition for a holiday themed dance piece
15. We are also auditioning for two emcees
16. We are also leaving FOUR open slots for any act to audition and be cast. It can be any type of performance as long as it is holiday related.
How old do you have to be to audition?
It depends on the show but in general, the minimum age to be involved in a Spotlight production is 8 years old. Each show will have age requirements posted with audition info.
What do I need to prepare?
Auditions will consist of a cold read, meaning there will be no scenes to memorize beforehand. Musical auditions will require a vocal audition as well. Any song from a musical can be used to audition and you must sing at least one minute of the song.
What should I bring to the audition?
Make sure to bring a bottle of water, a pen, and an updated list of your conflicts for the rehearsal season.
What should I wear?
Wear something you can move around in and be comfortable.
What happens at the audition?
Auditions are fun! We always do a warm-up to start and then move into paired or group readings.
Where are auditions held?
Auditions are held in the basement of First Community Church at 415 N. Mill St. in Festus, MO. Rehearsals also take place here.
Do my parents need to come?
If you are a minor, your parents are welcome to sit in on the audition but they are not required to. Auditions can run anywhere from 1-2 hours so if they do not stay, please have a way to let them know if we are done early.
When do we find out if we made it?
Cast lists will not be posted until all auditions have taken place. Typically cast emails are sent within 72 hours of final audition. If you are cast, you must officially accept your role via a link in the cast email.
When can I tell everyone I got a part?
You may not post anything about your role publicly until Spotlight posts the cast list publicly on social media or the website. This is because certain roles may need to be reassigned based on role acceptances.